First Baptist Church was established on April 1, 1900 with 13 charter members who met in the Courthouse. Soon the church hired its first pastor, W.A. Treadwell, and in 1901 constructed its first building on the location the current building sits today. The church built a new sanctuary that was completed in 1925 which seated five hundred. In 1949 a cabin was built at Falls Creek, which was later rebuilt in the 1970s and received an exterior remodel in 2017. In 1955 the church dedicated a new sanctuary that is still the church's place of worship today. The old sanctuary was remodeled into education space and is still in use today. As of today the church has remodeled most all of it facilities and enjoys the legacy of the many faithful servants that came before. FBC Wewoka exists to worship God supremely, love others sacrificially and to live in unity through the power of the Holy Spirit.